Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Hate Ranting or, How A Rant Worked

OK, first things first. I hate ranting.

I don’t like to read it. I don’t like to write it. I don’t like to do it. And yet I find myself ranting sometimes. It typically has nothing to do with the subject at hand; rather, it is more a manifestation of my own frustrations and misgivings.

That being said, sometimes it helps. Not in the way you’re thinking. I don’t believe ranting gets results—at least not for me. But the act of simply finding and giving voice to one’s frustrations helps me as a writer put together a hopefully cogent argument or apology, and makes me get the word out, instead of just sitting and stewing.

So it was that, at the urging of a New Jersey-based cricket writer named Peter Della Penna, I put together a post on my efforts to contact cricket officials in the United States to do some work on promoting the Beautiful Game. And so it was that, within an hour, I had two interview subjects contacting me via e-mail, having read that post.

This is basically a long-winded way of saying I will soon be bringing you some posts/interviews about the C. C. Morris Cricket Library and Museum, and also about the preparations of the U.S. Cricket team as they prepare for their ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment